Prawn Curry Recipe (Cook in a Easy Way)
Prawn is very expensive but every tasty as well. I love to eat prawn dishes. Prawn curry recipe is very popular in India. Especially in Odisha and West Bengal. Odiya and Bengali people likes prawn (Bengali people call chingri and Odisha people call it chungudi) recipes very much. We can prepare different prawn recipes, but the prawn curry recipe is very simple to cook.
Preparation Time: 10-15 mins Cooking Time: 25 mins Yield: 2 servings Recipe Type: Non-Veg
Prawn Curry Recipe Ingredients
- 250 grams Prawns
- 1 medium size potato
- 2 medium size onions chopped
- 1 green chilli (Optional)
- 1 tsp ginger paste
- 1 Tsp garlic paste
- 1 tomato chopped
- Turmeric powder- ½ tsp
- Red chilli powder – ½ tsp
- Coriander powder- ½ tsp
- Cumin powder- ½ Tsp
- Meat masala powder- ½ tsp
- Garam masala powder – ¼ tsp
- Cumin seeds- ½ tsp
- Mustard oil – (5-6 Tsps)
- Salt to taste
- Chopped coriander leaves
Prawn Curry Recipe Method of preparation
- Shell and wash prawns. Add ¼ tsp of salt and a bit of turmeric powder to the prawns and marinate it for 10 minutes.
- Boil the potato and peel the skin. Cut it length wise and keep it aside.
- Take oil in a pan and wait till heat. Then add prawns and fry it till prawns golden brown and keep aside.
- In the same oil add cumin seeds. Wait till it crackles.
- Then add chopped onions and fry it till golden brown color.
- You may add one green chilli to if you want little bit spicy.
- After that add ginger-garlic paste and fry for 1 more minute.
- Add turmeric powder, chilli powder, chopped tomatoes, cumin powder, coriander powder, meat masala powder, garam masala powder and salt. Fry for 2 more minutes.
- Then cover it. Add little bit water and again cook for 2-3 minutes with low heat.
- Add fried prawns and boiled potatoes and mix well.
- Cook well for 10-15 minutes. Add water as per consistency.
Now prawn curry is ready, Garnish with fresh coriander leaves and serve hot with roti or rice.
Try prawn curry recipe in your kitchen and enjoy.